Crude Oil Trader Apply Now
This position manages primarily crude oil purchasing activity for our current region and collaborates with market strategy team to identify and act upon supply chain opportunities focusing on asset optimization.
- Conduct day-to-day activities of crude oil trading: include: track and monitor world market movements; accountable for making instant decision on selling and buying for meeting profitability and optimization targets; Source, develop and manage domestic and international supplier relationships to ensure uninterrupted crude oil supply.
- Establish and sustain strong relationships with relevant industries parties and counterparties to develop business opportunities within the oil trading arena.
- Communicating trades of the day to the relevant parties agreeing prices. Negotiates contracts for purchase/sale of crude oil supply within limits of authority and optimizes crude purchases and trades around company assets.
- Negotiate and conclude market transactions on a spot/term basis according to guidelines given.
- Interact with relevant departments in the company involved in the trading/commercial activity. Work closely with colleagues throughout the internal departments and other subsidiaries within the Organization.
- Evaluate structured transactions for risk management provides market assessment for development of region's tactical trading strategy in accordance with risk management policies.
- Execute hedging strategies and develop analytical reports to assist in taking hedging decisions.
- Gathers and reports competitive intelligence on underlying supply and demand forces impacting assigned region. Establishes and sustains relationships with key suppliers/counterparties.
- Support trading strategies by using fundamental model analysis or trades with reputable counterparties that are back to back in nature.
- Coordinate logistical arrangements to ensure timely and cost effective delivery of crude shipments.
- Ideally, you will have a master / bachelor's degree in business, finance, accounting or economics from an accredited college or university, or courses in energy, refining, marine transportation, or relevant.
- 10 -15 years of experience in Oil & Gas Trading.
- Solid knowledge of Oil & Gas commercial aspects, T&C, Contracts, LC and other Terms/means of payment.
- High drive and strong crude oil commercial acumen
- Competitive salary
- Performance based bonus plan
- Comprehensive employ benefit program